Taxrules are algorithms that determine how the taxonomy of each sequence in the assembly is calculated during the taxonomic annotation process.
Taxrules are applied to each taxonomic rank.
- Scores of all hits across all hits files get summed by taxonomic name
- The taxonomy is then set to :
- name = taxonomic name with the highest sum-score
- score = highest sum-score
- c-value = count of alternative candidates for taxonomic name
- Scores of all hits get summed by taxonomic name for the first hits file (determined by the input order), analogous to bestsum
- If no hits were found in the first hits file, the next hits file gets processed.
- The behaviour of a taxrule can be controlled further using arguments when calling BlobTools
[---min_diff FLOAT]: if the two best scoring taxonomic names are within FLOAT of each other, the taxonomy is set to
[--min_score FLOAT]: if the score does not surpass this value, the taxonomy is set to
[--tax_collision_random]: if two best scoring taxonomic names are within
[---min_diff FLOAT], select a taxonomic name at random
Updated over 5 years ago